Welcome!

Welcome, dear reader, to the blog Refraint of Sanity.

As the name clearly states, things might get a bit wierd here once in a while, but fear not! For I always manage to get back on track, one day or another. Take some time here, look around. I'm sure you'll be able to find a model or two you like, and, who knows, maybe even a guide or two might sneak in here!

I hope you'll have a great time here, and if you do, don't forget to subscribe! This blog is up and coming, and soon, hopefully, it'll be filled with all kinds of goodness.

fredag 22 januari 2010

Tank







I'm not really quite happy with it...
The colour i'm not 100% sure matches the Vostroyan theme, and the drybrushing, well, i'm not sure it's the proper way to paint a tank, really :/
I've been thinking about trying airbrushing a layer of Kommando Khaki + Skull White, 1:1, and basing it in that, and after that simply washing it in and just giving it a quick re-highlight (with drybrushing, ofc, but not in the same amount) and then adding weathering. Maybe getting a copy of the Imperial Armour Tank painting book would be clever, altough it'd cost me half my monthly study funds :P. No such luck as getting to spend my Outrider money on Forge World yet ^^'

The tank ofc isn't done. The last parchments need writing, the wax needs to be fixed, the red get a final coat and then dirt and weathering is supposed to be added ^^

But, i've been thinking about doing something simillar to SandWyrm (http://theback40k.blogspot.com/2009/08/youve-got-purdy-little-glacius.html). In this case i'd be basing it in the KK + SW base to, giving it some dirt, dipping it and then re-highlighting. But, i'm not to sure about this... It might prove to be to light of a result :/

I love a nice dark finish to my army, so that's how I do my Firstborn. But, if I did like this with the tanks, they migt get all to bright and then just stick out like a sore thumb...
I also want the parchments on them to have a proper "pop" to them, meaning that it once again can't be to bright.

Does anyone have any colour suggestions? ^^'
(The painting used on it now is the same as on GW's "Chimera Assembly and Painting" guide)

Cheers everyone ^^

Gloria Imperator!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar